March 4, 2012

100% chance of sunshine

     Today was a gorgeous day, the best one of the year. Our friends Z & M invited us to the neighborhood park to play. Poodaloo and I accepted the invitation in an instant. We gathered up some snacks and water and made tracks down the street.

     Panda had gone with Baba to a meeting at church. It was a training on the 'ins and outs' of making coffee for the Sunday services. Panda likes to help when its our turn to ensure there is coffee available. Turns out the training was BORING. Her texts flew in such rapid succession I could not reply before a new one arrived. Because I didn't answer, phone calls began. After half a dozen calls (Where is Poodaloo's bike helmet? Does she have to wear one? What if we can't find it?) she arrived at the park to join us.

     All told, we spent more than two hours enjoying the sunshine. Hoagie came along and snoozed at my feet in the sun. At bedtime I noticed my chest is slightly reddened. So there you have it ~ first sunburn of the season on March 4!

2 comments:

  1. You should have had J-Bear with you. She insisted we put on sunscreen before our park adventure on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete