March 24, 2012

Starting the weekend

     It's Friday and the girls are both a sleepovers tonight. Yippee ~ we can sleep in tomorrow as long as the door is closed to keep cats out. Dogs are happy to sleep in with you. Cats are only happy when you get up and fill the food bowl, preferably before 6am.

     Poodaloo is attending a birthday party for a classmate. They are staying in a trailer at a camp ground and all the girls will get feathers in their hair tonight. Nine little girls in a trailer. Glad I'm not the mother staying there.

     As we took her stuff from our van to the party vehicle, I told Poodaloo that daddy and I were going to have a date tonight since she and her sister were gone. "Ooooo, a date!" Then she tugged on my shirt and whispered to me, "Tomorrow I want all the details of the date."

     Huh?! Where on earth did she learn about getting details after dates? She doesn't even want to get married (she plans to be a Musketeer, like Barbie in Barbie and the Three Musketeers animated movie). I cast blame to Disney channel. We had it for six months and the girls would watch it 24/7 if we allowed it. Then I called the cable company to have it blocked. Bye-bye Mickey Mouse. It was nothing personal.

     Panda is staying with her best friend, J. Mama arranged it once she realized it could be a kid-free night and  we wouldn't have to hire a sitter.

     Our 'date' was fun. It has been awhile since our last date but we muddled through it pretty well. Happy to remember why I love my husband!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you two! You need more of those 'date nights' not to mention 'sleep ins' in the morning.

    ReplyDelete