March 8, 2012

Literal interpretation

     Poodaloo is still deep within the world of literal interpretation. Here are a couple of funny examples.

     One day her cold lunch had an insulated container to keep food warm. She watched me add hot water into the container and put on the lid. Apparently, she did not see me dump out the water and add warm food. So, she didn't eat the food in the container that day. Not wanting to eat hot water for lunch she figured there was no reason to open the lid. (Seriously, when have I given her an empty dish of hot water?!?!?)

     Getting ready for bed the other night, Poodaloo lamented the fact that two of her friends had gotten feathers in their hair. She really wants a feather in her hair, too. We talked about knowing the feather kiosk at the mall was no longer there. I suggested she should ask where the feather came from (can't remember my exact wording). She looked horrified and said she couldn't ask. I musingly wondered why she didn't want to ask her friends where they got the feathers.

     "Mom, you mean I'm supposed to ask my friends? I thought you meant I had to ask the people who run the mall! I'm scared to ask those people, not my friends." We had a good chuckle over that one.

1 comment:

  1. We have gotten feathers put in the girls' hair at Oliver Finley. Hair cuts are $6 and feathers are $5. They even take appointments.

    ReplyDelete