June 10, 2011

Courage

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."      ~ Mary Anne Radmacher *

     I felt this way last night. Yesterday Panda & Pooda had swimming lessons, began Irish dance class and we stopped by 'the farm' for the first time this season. I should have predicted the folly of doing all these things during one outing. It was too much!
    As we left 'the farm', I accidently smacked Pooda in the face while trying to maneuver her into the back seat. She needed to be in the back seat for safety. Panda was mad and Pooda is an easy target when they sit side-by-side in the van. My iced tea spilled on me when Panda threw a small gym bag at me as we drove home. All three of us were crying as we pulled into the garage. Baba had a deer-in-the-headlights look when he heard & saw us. Although, by the time we went to bed everything was calm. Whew!

* Check out Mary Anne Radmacher's writing and artwork here. In an odd coincidence,  I was inspired by her words when making a gift for Baba soon after we married. He was not a baba then but he was, and remains, "my best time".

No comments:

Post a Comment