April 4, 2011

Scenes from Holland

     Before I became a mom, I worked for $$ and also to feel I was making a difference. I was employed by State Government. I believed I was one of the good guys who helped more than did-not-help people. I'm a registered dietitian and maintain my professional credentials (by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin). I still believe I am a good guy and my employment work was important. Others are doing that important job now. I am happy with my decision to abandon the world of paychecks.
     Here is a link to an essay I love reading over and over again. I kept a copy in my desk at work and at home. It has a profound effect on me every time I read it. It represents my search for the silver lining in rain clouds. This essay is found on many websites with a simple search.
     http://www.journeyofhearts.org/kirstimd/holland.htm
This essay and my previous employment are connected because work is where I came across this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment