January 30, 2012

Good-bye January

     Tonight on the news, the announcer called this month Jun-uary because its been as warm as June in many parts of the U.S. We are part of the 'many places'. Bushes & other flora are beginning to show signs of life. Yikes! Don't they know that Jun-uary is made up? It isn't really spring, go back to sleep for a couple months.

     We have been busy with life but nothing too exciting. The girls are taking cold lunches to school as part of the gluten-free changes. They think this is wonderful because cold lunch kids eat earlier than the poor schmoes who have to wait in line for hot lunch. Eating quicker means you get more time to play.

Panda helping pack lunch in the morning.

     Free time is often spent taking self-portraits. Below are examples of the portraits.






    My free time is spent quilting if I can make it happen. The top is finished for the quilt challenge blocks.


 I'm also making blocks of the Building Block series from the Cotton Club. The fabric is batik - my most favorite kind of fabric. I am powerless against the pull of batiks.

Top row: log cabin blocks, bottom row: Jacob's ladder.

     Panda and Poodaloo are taking a Chinese dance class after school on Wednesdays. The dance troupe is set to perform at the Lunar New Year celebration on February 4. (We wish you all could join us!)  To advertise the event, a local news station broadcast weather segments from the school last Friday morning. The kids were to arrive at 4:30a.m. (yes, A. freaking M.) Panda was raring to go, leaped out of bed and dressed. Poodaloo was not ready or willing to go at this ridiculous time of day.

     In the end, I drove Panda to school and went back home to coax Poodaloo. As I suspected, when she saw the dancers on T.V. Poodaloo was up in a flash. I trundled her off to school and stayed for a respectable few minutes. Then I headed home for a nap and to pack lunches.

     Unfortunately, I'm not able to locate a way to see the segments on the station website. If anyone has better luck, let me know. The station is KTVB.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I caught Panda dancing, didn't see Poodaloo. How were they later in the day? Way too early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were super charged and didn't slow down a bit. I scooted out for an evening with playgroup moms. All three of them (Baba, too) fell asleep watching TV in our bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best of 'em. Lots of outta focus nostril shots in the camera, too.

    ReplyDelete